Following the easing of restrictions from Government, the FAI confirmed that football training could resume from the June 15th 2020. However all clubs must adhere to a number of protocols.
The Football Association of Ireland has published a ‘Safer Return To Training’ guide for all Adult Amateur and Underage football, including the Underage National League.
Please read on for a summary of the new training protocols or you can download the original document here.
Venue and Facilities
- Ensure that a COVID-19 Risk Assessment is carried out on the training venue prior to its use.
- Ensure that COVID-19 signage is visible throughout the training facility.
- Ensure that no changing rooms or showers are used.
- Ensure that sanitary facilities are accessible for players and coaches.
- Ensure that all training equipment, including goalposts are sanitized before and after every training session.
The Training Sessions
- Ensure that the group numbers specified in the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol are adhered to:
» Adult Training | Group of 15 (14 players & minimum of 1 coach)
» Underage Training | Group of 15 (13 players & minimum of 2 coaches)
- Ensure that only essential personnel access the training pitch/area
- Ensure that the training area is at least 75 X 50 metres in size
- Ensure that social distancing is adhered to by all players and coaches when accessing and leaving the training area
- Ensure contact is kept to a minimum during the training session, as per FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.
- Ensure players, coaches and parents refrain from congregating at the venue or car park during pick-ups and drop-offs.
Coaches and Players
- Ensure that the coaches and players understand and adhere to their responsibilities, as set out in the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.
- Keep a record of attendees at all training sessions for contact tracing purposes.
- Regularly liaise with, and report to, the Club Chairperson and relevant coach(es) regarding the training sessions and adherence to the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.